My daughter tells me “mom. You GOTTA read Josephine Tey’s “The Privateer!” Tey will fit in nicely with my ‘read Scotland’ plans for this year!
I see a lot of book reviewers are very enterprising and entering many book challenges. After much thought (I REALLY wanted to enter the Classics one, and the Chunkster one), I decided that at least for now, I am going to limit myself to one challenge. For practical reasons, I want to keep my reading as impulsive and enjoyable, with no obligations hanging over my head to steal my enjoyment, as possible!
And so I came up with a tentative list for my “Read Scotland” challenge.
My Hebridean list for 2014:
1. The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
2. The Two Mrs. Abbots by D.E. Stevenson
3. Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
4. The Green Years by A.J. Cronin
5. The Hidden Target by Helen MacInnes
6. King Hereafter by Dorothy Dunnett
7. The Vicar’s Daughter by George MacDonald
8. Emily Goes to Exeter by Marion Chesney
9. Spring Magic by D.E. Stevenson
* list subject to change.